[xquery-talk] BumbleBee XQuery Test Harness

Jason Hunter jhunter at xquery.com
Fri Oct 17 14:15:55 PDT 2003

Patrick Lehti wrote:

> So far as I see, ERROR is not one of two legal results, but the only
> legal result for all numeric functions using decimal, integer,
> nonPositiveInteger, nonNegativeInteger, positiveInteger and
> negativeInteger. This results in "passed" tests for all non- or
> minimal-conforming query engines and "failed" tests for conforming
> engines! This seems not to be fair and makes the (NIST)results unable to
> compare!
 >
> If you need a tool to calculate the correct results for these tests, I
> suggest using IPSI-XQ, which supports decimal und integer values with
> arbitrary length since its very first release! ;-)

Yes, we've been working to add correct answers by hand for the next
release, and there's no joy in that mudville.

Automated population is the goal, and I hope IPSI-XQ and X-Hive provide
help here because both support arbitrarily large numbers, but the
behavior for numeric serialization seems to vary quite a lot between the
vendors so the correct numeric answer may be encoded incorrectly.  To
distinguish this requires a persistent element of human involvement.

-jh-