[xquery-talk] a conceptual clarification

Michael Kay mhk at mhk.me.uk
Fri Mar 4 15:09:08 PST 2005

But since many currently do not understand it and since the W3C has not
closed the spec yet, I am leaning towards erroring now and relaxing the
error later...

FWIW, there were some strong public comments requesting we do this during
the last call period, and we turned down the request. There are people on
the WG who seem to feel passionately that variable redeclaration should be
allowed: as far as I can tell, the main justification is for
automatically-generated code.