[xquery-talk] Geospatial and XQuery?

Kevin Fandre kfandre at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 12:14:41 PDT 2005

Without a standard how would an XQuery optimizer know how to deal with a
third-party geospatial function? Execution plans would differ drastically
depending on the cost or absence of spatial indexes, etc. I recall seeing a
sepecialized XQuery extension standard for text search. It seems like
there's an opprotunity to do the same with geospatial data, especially if it
was written w.r.t common XML geospatial data formats.
 -Kevin