[xquery-talk] XQuery Style Conventions

Martin Probst martin at x-hive.com
Fri Oct 21 13:00:40 PDT 2005

Hi,

you given an example for a module import including a namespace:

> import module namespace math="sample/sample-math-lib" at "SampleLib.xqy";

I would actually like to see some advise on picking a namespace for
your module in that document. And I don't think just picking a path is
really the right thing - module namespaces should be unambiguous, and
probably follow normal namespace conventions, e.g.
> module namespace math = "http://example.org/math-functions";

The specification doesn't say much about that, except that an implementation
may raise an error in your case. Think about implementations that don't rely
on a location identifier ('at "foo"') but rather have some sort of a mapping
from namespaces to actual modules built-in (not that I know any, but it's
certainly legal). If you module namespaces are ambiguous, you have a problem.

Martin