[xquery-talk] XQuery Visualization (GUI) for beginners

Liam Quin liam at w3.org
Thu Apr 20 23:28:15 PDT 2006

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 09:54:44AM +0800, kla gw wrote:
> I want to make a GUI which can be used to query XML data without
> writing any XQuery code, but by 'drawing' on the GUI. The program
> would translate the drawing to XQuery then using the XQuery code
> generated to query the database.

There are already some visual Query builders; you could look
around.  See http://www.w3.org/XML/Query/ for example.

> My target users would be those who do not really understand about
> XML or XQuery.

If people don't understand about XML, though, what _do_ they
understand?  What sort of queries can people usefully construct
if they don't know what they are querying against?  Full text, maybe.

Liam

http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/ * http://www.fromoldbooks.org/