[xquery-talk] performance figures for xquery processors

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Tue Feb 7 20:46:03 PST 2006

On Tuesday 07 February 2006 16:19, Makoto YUI wrote:
> <manavaputra at yahoo.com> wrote:
[...]

> So, conformance level/XQTS test result should be argued
> when the performance is discussed, I think.

I think so as well. Cost caused by performance issues can easily be
outnumbered by a non-conformant, unreliable implementation. If I were to
choose a processor for a significant project, I would like to first see
results from a run of W3C's XQuery test suite.

(Someone should start a "The Independent XQuery Engine Reviewer" - website,
which could keep a database over XQuery implementations, listing most of all
benchmarks and test suite results that were run in an independent, neutral
manner.)

Cheers,

		Frans