[xquery-talk] Re: xquery and geospatial request

Pierrick Brihaye pierrick.brihaye at culture.gouv.fr
Mon Jun 4 13:19:22 PDT 2007

Sébastien Geindre <sebastien.geindre at ...> writes:

> And what do you think about such architecture for geospatial web
> services with GML data :
>
> Cocoon server <=> eXist Database with Java extension implemented with
> JTS (Java Topology Suite)

That's roughly what I've commited into eXist's trunk ;-)

> Performance ?? no spatial indexes with this solution....

Why not ? eXist's new modular index architecture allows to index
virtually anything.

My proof-of-concept for querying GML geometries uses BBox filtering.
Obviously not the best spatial index but better than a full scan that would make
the feature unusable.

Cheers,

p.b.