[xquery-talk] RE: Future of XQuery and XQuery Update Faclilty

Thomas Lord lord at emf.net
Mon Oct 22 15:13:13 PDT 2007

Daniela Florescu wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> arguing on this mailing list is not a very productive way of spending
> the time.

I seem to have been misunderstood.  From my perspective, the prior
discussion was information sharing.  I'm new to the game and wondered
about the "rationale" for XQUF as perceived by the community.   I got
a great answer for that.   But then it got to the point where it felt to
me like
we would shift into arguing -- and that's when I said I bet we agree
that this
thread is done.

Sorry if something seemed harsh!

-t

p.s.:

> If there is a technique that you think XQuery should really adopt, and
> you really
> care about it, the best way to proceed is to write a proposal, and
> send it to W3C as
> a technical note. I am sure it will be considered with attention.

I could use (individual, not mailing list) help with that.   I do have
some things to offer but I don't know how to do that efficiently.