[xquery-talk] XML and the US Congress

Michael Sokolov sokolov at ifactory.com
Sun Apr 22 15:16:58 PDT 2012

On 4/22/2012 4:02 PM, daniela florescu wrote:
> MIchael,
>
> while XML isn't obviously the panacea for the world's evil, I don't think anybody can deny the fact that a uniform use
> of XML through the IT layers would allow MUCH more information to flow among participants.
>
> And that can be golden in many circumstances...
>
> Best
> Dana

Oh I completely agree.  A standardized XML format (is it NEIM?) will be
far more useful in many ways than mere PDFs, I'm sure.  I just think
it's a bit funny how the effort required from the information
*providers* tends to get glossed over.  I don't really know much about
the adoption of this standard - I just know that starting from PDF,
generating useful XML is a nontrivial task.

-Mike