[xquery-talk] let's comment out a line in XQuery

David Lee dlee at calldei.com
Thu Dec 20 08:25:33 PST 2012

Sorry, you need to make a  bit  more room in your brain.
The proper syntax is context specific.  And I made a mistake in my example.
double bad :)

inside an element constructor you need this:

<elem>{()(:comment:)}</elem>

other places you use

   (: comment :)
but realize that produces nothing, not the empty sequence so some places it wont work and you might need

   ()(:comment:)

its actually quite easy once you learn the syntax.

David A. Lee
dlee at calldei.com
http://www.xmlsh.org