[xquery-talk] A walk down Sesame St - counting for simpletons

Ihe Onwuka ihe.onwuka at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 10:38:14 PDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 6:05 PM, Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sorry you seem to have a deluded sense of self-importance. Since when
>> did I have to comply with your requests?
>
> People will question the "seem to" in that sentence.
>
> Is it really necessary to have ask for small complete runnable
> samples... isn't that common mailing list etiquette these days?

Mailing list etiquette eh.

The pasted screen print of the query and the result it gave - was  not
enough? You want me to do more work to satisfy a curiosity that I no
longer have because you still harbour it?

DC gave an illuminating answer and I  have clarified that my curiosity
is in seeing a formulation that used the / or ! operators. Did that
part of the conversation pass you by?

OTOH your answer and every thing you have contributed since did
nothing to point towards the correct formulation of the query for the
problem stated. Thats ok, but somehow you find it funny that I don't
wish to waste my  time talking about that.

Funny perhaps  but you should not find it strange that I don't wish to
carry on engaging. This may sound patronising (where've I heard that
before) but you can generally be relied upon to proffer a
spectacularly insular perspective to a discussion, so invariably  I
don't want to stick around responding to everything you want to say.

Why do you keep doing  it (that's rhetorical hence no question mark).
Do you see a mailing list as a venue for venting your machismo? Look
there are better ways of getting rid of the excess testosterone. Trust
me on that one.