[xquery-talk] the stupidity of using SQL as a query language for JSON

Ihe Onwuka ihe.onwuka at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 11:08:37 PDT 2015

Then I have some questions.

So what happens to the closure property.

Should I be allowed to join a JSON array with an object. Why not, or if so
what type of thing will I get back and what will happen when if I try to
query it (I will be allowed to query it won't I).

If I ask to order by a field and there is no schema to tell me it's type
what is SQL going to do.

Talking of ordering how do I get the 5th array item or the 5th object when
SQL only deals in unordered sets.

What would be the result of union of two objects and how can I determine
whether such a union should be allowed at all when there is no schema?