[xquery-talk] here it comes, yet another version of XQuery and/or JSONiq

daniela florescu dflorescu at me.com
Wed Jun 10 07:59:16 PDT 2015

Michael,

Yes, it wold be indeed sad if we wouldn’t continuously try to do things better.

But what is really sad is that the motivation isn’t that in most cases: it’s because proprietary
software brings more margins then using standards….so it’s money.

Look what happened with the browsers: they are almost killed (or they will be soon)
 because of proprietary SDKs from Google and Apple.

And from the users point of view, the world of applications is worse, not better, for that …..

Just Google and Apple got more monopoly then they used to have ..:(

Dana