[xquery-talk] Linkedin humor for the weekend (2)

Ihe Onwuka ihe.onwuka at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 15:39:42 PDT 2015

On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 12:20 PM, daniela florescu <dflorescu at me.com> wrote:

> Michael,
>
> If this field ever wants to reach a certain level of maturity, it has to
> start obeying some
> grown-up rules, not running around like kinder-garden kids screaming at
> each other :
> “my grand’ma is smaller then your grand’ma..”

 Away from the technical arena what I see in day to day life is the
juvenilisation of adults. Middle-aged and elderly people putting their feet
on seats on buses and trains (where did they learn that from). The middle
aged woman who won Britain's Got Talent by swapping her dogs behind the
camera and claiming she didn't think she was doing anything wrong (no I
didn't watch it but it was on the news).

Times have changed, not for the better, there is a laissez faire attitude
to cheats and cheating to the extent the person that blows the whistle is
more likely than the cheat to come under attack.