[xquery-talk] Aggressivity and the Database Bubble WASRe: Linkedin humor for the weekend (2)

daniela florescu dflorescu at me.com
Tue Jun 16 10:48:44 PDT 2015

Yes, Pavel, I know that. And you know that. And a bunch of real database people know that. There are plenty of us.

However, our voice gets lost ( and as Ihe said, we are more likely for us to be treated as crazy nuts then anything else….)
in face of the hundreds of millions of dollars that are being poured into marketing of those products.

One of my favorite is CouchDb marketing slogan: "N1QL is the FIRST TIME  in history when people can query the STRUCTURE
of the data.”

And yeah, MarkLogic’s CEO’s statement that MarkLogic invented a solution for solving heterogeneous data problem is another favorite of
mine too.

How does THAT look for you, after the past 25 years of semi-structured databases ?

I cannot do anything else then being stunned by how gullible and uneducated people are….

And wait for the bubble to pass…

BTW, an interesting related read:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/linkedin-has-become-wmd-philippe-collard?trk=hp-feed-article-title

Best