[xquery-talk] [show xqt] JSONiq and XQuery Development Tools

daniela florescu dflorescu at me.com
Wed Jun 17 09:05:53 PDT 2015

>> But now the Zorba and 28msec team are both scattered all over the place.
>
> Dana, I am confused, can I assume you mean the original team that
> worked on Zorba and JSONiq etc?
> As having spoken to 28msec today, it seems they are very much alive
> and doing business!

Adam,

Only 3 developers remained out of 35 people, and not the people who wrote the core part
of Zorba (and you should know by now how hard it is to write a good query processor
- i’s not a walk in the park).

I should know because I hired and trained each and every one of them.

A piece of software of 1.5 millions lines of code, written over 8 years, with no team
to maintain it and evolve it, is not “alive” anymore.

And it’s a very sad story, especially for me.

Best
Dana