[xquery-talk] Izzit Bcos I is functional?

daniela florescu dflorescu at me.com
Wed Jun 17 10:21:19 PDT 2015

.       I think that doing anything more with JSON than reading and writing it is asking for trouble,

Huh, Michael, I am not sure I agree with you.

The same way the world expressed the discomfort with the complexity of XML for a LOOOONG time, before,
being unheard,  they went ahead and build something to avoid the discomfort… (aka JSON)…...

….the same way the wold today expresses a HUGE need to actually do MORE with JSON then reading and
writing. Aka sophisticated querying and updating.

Ignore that huge need… and they’ll come up with SOME solution to satisfy for their need…..

And as Ihe said, I’m not sure that solution will be pretty to look at …. will be a half baked one.

That seems like burying the head in the sand, pretending not to see what the industry needs.

(and yes, all technologies start simple at the beginning, until they are not anymore …that’s Ok)

Dana