[xquery-talk] actually, nobody KNOWS about XQuery ....

daniela florescu dflorescu at me.com
Tue Jun 23 11:04:20 PDT 2015

Ihe,

you asked why XQuery is not more popular.

Here is another striking answer to your question: NOBODY KNOWS IT EXISTS.

Just look at this example.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/sql-vs-discrepancy-somil-asthana?trk=hp-feed-article-title-like <https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/sql-vs-discrepancy-somil-asthana?trk=hp-feed-article-title-like>

I quote: "Indisputably, there may be people who are working on Non Relational
 Algebra and Non Tuple Relational Calculus, its just that we do not know them.”

[[[Can someone just answer this guy, so I don’t have to insult him/her !?
Because I feel a really strong urge….I’ll try to breathe and do some meditation….]]]

In fact, I know that this is not his/her limitation.

It’s our OWN failure to explain to the world what XQuery is, what it does, and what is good at.

Best regards
Dana

P.S. And after that, please DON’T ask me why I am SO pissed off at MarkLogic who pretend they never ate the garlic, not does
their mouth smell of garlic…..

They MADE all their money out of the power of XQuery  (expressiveness, productivity, etc), yet they pretend they’ve never heard of it….

That’s something that REALLY gets me angry.

And this will come back to bait them on the business side very badly too.

Oracle would have NEVER done the same thing about SQL…..just saying.