[xquery-talk] adding comprehension to imperative languages or vice-versa

daniela florescu dflorescu at me.com
Tue Jun 23 23:24:56 PDT 2015

> Erik Mejier says this is not enough.
>
>  https://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=2611829 <https://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=2611829>
Erik Meijer, while being an extremely smart person, is not God :-)

And I don’t see anything in this article that proves that one cannot mix those: all the
arguments he brings are for me just a reminder that, indeed, if you DO mix functional
and imperative constructs or side-effects, you better know what you are doing at compilation
and optimization time…..

That’s all.

Some details about the stuff one has to be careful about in Module 12 here — but keep in mind that
the slides are 9 years old….:(
http://web.stanford.edu/class/cs345b/ <http://web.stanford.edu/class/cs345b/>

Best regards
Dana