[xquery-talk] Does XQuery fit anywhere in this landscape.

daniela florescu dflorescu at me.com
Thu Jun 25 11:21:16 PDT 2015

> We’re thinking about building a JSONiq component in Scala, so it could be plugged into Spark.

That’s a brilliant idea, Pavel. That’s the kind of think that will make or break XQuery and/or JSONiq….

Let me know if I can help with something.

BTW, you are implementing only JSONiq—, right !? (I guess so…)

Given that you have the freedom, could you please make me favor, and “fix” some of the
grammatical issues with XQuery, hm !?

Like:
- make FROM a  synonym for FOR and SELECT for RETURN
- eliminate the need for white spaces around the “-“ sign…

Stuff lie that …

Unless you plan to expand this later on to JSONiq++….(but even then , you can still do the FOR/FROM, etc).

Do you plan to implement JSOUND — the JSON schema  too ?

Best
Dana