[xquery-talk] xquery 3.1 wishlist

David Carlisle davidc at nag.co.uk
Fri Jun 26 08:52:50 PDT 2015

On 26/06/2015 16:33, W.S. Hager wrote:
> Sorry, what I meant is: how did sequences come into XPath? Was it
> borrowed from another system or did it appear first in XPath?

It's a modification of the node set datatype introduced in xpath 1
(which didn't have sequences) Xpath 1 didn't have a type corresponding
to a node (or item) only node set, so treating a single item as the same
as a set of size 1 was more or less a requirement (and a very elegant
ruse:-)

David

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is:

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Microsoft Office 365.