[xquery-talk] xquery 3.1 wishlist

Adam Retter adam.retter at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 27 12:34:42 PDT 2015

Hi Wouter,

If you want to directly contact the working group I would suggest
filing a feature-request via Bugzilla -
http://www.w3.org/XML/2005/04/qt-bugzilla. If you can't reach that you

However, keep in mind that this would most likely now be aimed at an
XQuery 3.2, so I guess we would need to accumulate a few feature
requests/bugfixes yet to even get that off the ground.

Personally I would also like to see a ternary operator, but I haven't
mentioned it until now ;-)

On 26 June 2015 at 12:18, W.S. Hager <wshager at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been working with the recent xquery 3.1 implementation in the develop
> branch eXist-db. I encountered some cases that were quite hard to work
> around:
>
> - the lack of array:index-of()
> - the lack of the iterator index in arrayfor-each and related higher-order
> functions
>
> Perhaps someone of the workgroup is available to discuss those cases.
>
> Thanks,
> Wouter
> --
>
> W.S. Hager