[xquery-talk] xquery 3.1 wishlist

W.S. Hager wshager at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 05:35:43 PDT 2015

Hmm, I'm not so sure. The if/else clause is pretty short as it is, and
semantically more clear. But it's another discussion altogether.

For me the paint points remain in array support/semantics. I thought it
best to let it rest for a while and see if the workarounds proof to be
feasible. I think I was too eager to address this in the first place.

Regards,
Wouter

> > Personally I would also like to see a ternary operator, but I haven't
> > mentioned it until now ;-)
>
> +1 ;) But if I remember right, it has already been motivated and
> discussed in the group before.
>
> Talking about conditions: An if expression without 'else' branch would
> often be nice as well (if not present, an empty sequence could be
> returned).
>

> > On 26 June 2015 at 12:18, W.S. Hager <wshager at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I've been working with the recent xquery 3.1 implementation in the
> develop
> >> branch eXist-db. I encountered some cases that were quite hard to work
> >> around:
> >>
> >> - the lack of array:index-of()
> >> - the lack of the iterator index in arrayfor-each and related
> higher-order
> >> functions
> >>
> >> Perhaps someone of the workgroup is available to discuss those cases.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Wouter
> >> --
> >>
> >> W.S. Hager