[xquery-talk] [xml-dev] Mistakes made in the design of XQuery 3.1

daniela florescu dflorescu at me.com
Fri May 29 07:54:16 PDT 2015

> On May 28, 2015, at 10:03 PM, Ihe Onwuka <ihe.onwuka at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 5:43 PM, daniela florescu <dflorescu at me.com <mailto:dflorescu at me.com>> wrote:
>
> But I see my role as an engineer to build good engineering solutions, not to increase the IQ of the general population. That’s not my job.
>

> But you are not producing solutions for other engineers.

As often as I hear that statement, I ignore at equally often.

Stubborn as I am, yes, I will CONTINUE to produce good solutions, designed for ENGINEERS, not for morons without any
engineering qualifications (but who build complex database applications).

I’ll leave that task to MarkLogic to “satisfy" the moron population and offer them Javascript as a server side query language.

As usually those are in larger numbers then the good engineers, MarkLogic will make more money …..I guess.

But that’s not my goal, so I’m fine with that.

Again, stubborn as I am, my goal is to design good solutions for good engineers.

Best regards
Dana