[xquery-talk] not sure if I should laugh with big tears or cry with big tears...:-)))))

daniela florescu dflorescu at me.com
Wed Jun 3 19:50:25 PDT 2015

What I think will happen is the following:

1. ISO will look at them like they are crazy when they send a language specification in Powerpoint

2. They’ll scratch  their heads and probable write SOMETHING that ( kind of ) makes sense

3. That SOMETHING written up will extend (some bastardized subset of) SQL

4. In the process, they forget that SQL in 2015 looks like THIS :-))))))))
http://savage.net.au/SQL/sql-99.bnf.html
(good luck, guys!!!!   You complain that extending XQuery is hard. Well, try THIS then :-)  Ha, Ha, Ha …..))

5. That SOMETHING will look just like SQL-XML,. which disappeared in the hole it came from... as soon as it was on print….
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQL/XML

6. They will pay a lot of “bloggers” to convince gullible people that SQL is the perfect “query” language
for semi-structured data. YES. But only if you have negative IQ and have no idea about semi-structured data.
(unfortunately there are lots of those)

Some of those guys already argue with me (very annoyingly to be honest, and without ANY knowledge of databases) on Linkedin
(if those companies choose people to argue with me… at least choose someone who can hold a scientific argument with me…. at least
make it a little fun for me….please …..)

As an example, please check this:
https://www.linkedin.com/grp/post/54257-6010072547398336516

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And I just told you my best guess. It’s nothing then a simple “hunch”, without any proof to it.

The three companies that “make" this N1QL a success are: CouchDB, MarkLogic and Oracle.

I worked long enough at Oracle to recognize the “touch” of stupid politics, in top of a basis of bad technology.
And MarkLogic, given their executive people are only coming from Oracle, is likely to behave the same.

And I right, guys ???  Oracle ? MarkLogic ?   Any comments ?

Did I tell you, guys  ???  I LOVE guess games …. :-)))))))

I enjoy them !!!!!

Bring some more !!!!

Have a great evening everybody,
Dana