[xquery-talk] LinkedIn humor for the weekend (1)

daniela florescu dflorescu at me.com
Fri Jun 12 14:16:38 PDT 2015

Honest reply when I asked why people constantly try to er-invent the XML/JSON wheel, when it is not fun at all
to do so….(plus extremely error prone..:-)

Dana,

I suppose you've answered your own question, it's not about the science or technology these days, IT'S BUSINESS. As soon as companies are seeded by investors it becomes about $$ and nothing else.

They have to cash out, so of course they're going to come up with their own proprietary query language---it's just another bullet point on the data sheet used to pitch companies into switching over to an enterprise license.

======

And no, this one is not about Mulesoft. It’s Yet-Another-One :-)

Have  a great weekend everybody,
Dana