[xquery-talk] Izzit Bcos I is functional?

daniela florescu dflorescu at me.com
Tue Jun 16 15:30:14 PDT 2015

> Especially that Stanford does it, and most database professors copy the slides from Stanford.
> https://lagunita.stanford.edu/courses/DB/XPath/SelfPaced/courseware/ch-querying_xml/seq-vid-xquery_introduction/ <https://lagunita.stanford.edu/courses/DB/XPath/SelfPaced/courseware/ch-querying_xml/seq-vid-xquery_introduction/>
>
> (not that the Stanford professors understand much from XML and XQuery … but that’s a whole new discussion…)

Just a proof that, even if they DO teach XQuery, Stanford professors don’t understand what their are reaching.

Just look at the second bullet on the slide: “each expression operates and returns a sequence of ELEMENTS”.

:-))))

Yep, XQuery lacks a little bit of  good tutorials and good books, and good teaching material.

Marketing, in general.

Best
Dana