[xquery-talk] Izzit Bcos I is functional?

Jason Hunter jhunter at servlets.com
Mon Jun 22 03:34:40 PDT 2015

> DatasTax after 3 yearsof existence is at more then 300M revenue (and less investment from VCs).

I was curious about this figure.  Did DataStax really make it close to $300m in revenue?

http://www.datanami.com/2014/09/04/datastax-nabs-106-million-sets-sites-international-expansion/

--
During that period, it more than doubled the number of employees to more than 350, and it increased its annual revenue run rate by more than 125 percent. “The valuation of the company is over $830 million, which is more than double the valuation of the company 12 months ago,” Pfeil said. The privately held company doesn’t share revenue figures.
--

If the company's valuation is $830m and it grew by 125% in the year before, then we can deduce revenue is nowhere close to $300m/yr.  It wouldn't even be above $100m/yr.

They raised $190m in VC so far.

-jh-