[xquery-talk] Does XQuery fit anywhere in this landscape.

Ihe Onwuka ihe.onwuka at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 09:14:50 PDT 2015

Well he didn't comment on SQL for JSON per se but  saying that RDBMS are
sub-optimal for everything is a tacit repudiation of SQL is it not?

He buys into the notion that there will be swarms of data scientists doing
clever things with data which will need a different language. I am
continually surprised that people this smart believe that there is such a
pool of people to draw from.

He is right that statistical packages suck at data management but that
won't isn't going to deter the R community.

Do you see XQuery fitting anywhere in this vision. It has potential as a
pipeling technology as does for that matter SQL. I think it will always be
problematic to do analytics on the source data because it is too dirty.