[xquery-talk] xquery 3.1 wishlist

daniela florescu dflorescu at me.com
Fri Jun 26 09:27:01 PDT 2015

David, Ken…

You know the XPath/XSLT side of the story.

I know the OTHER side: the XML Query Language Working Group side of the story
(and the two haven’t been integrated until much later..)

For a simple path expression sequences might have come natural.

For a FULL QUERY LANGUAGE,  with nested queries, sorts, groupbys etc. this wasn’t a “natural” or “simple” decision AT ALL.

We pondered over this decision for about two years …..

…. and this was BEFORE the XML Query Working Group decide to use XPath for navigation.

Best
Dana