[xquery-talk] xpath default namespace

Leo Studer leo.studer at varioweb.ch
Wed Jun 1 01:20:18 PDT 2016

Hi Michael

> The main difference from the XSLT xpath-default-namespace is that this default applies both to names in path expressions and to names in element constructors, which is inconvenient when the input and output documents are in different namespaces.
>
> Michael Kay
> Saxonica

this is exactly my problem. The XML file has no namespace and the output has a namespace.

Fist I tried

	declare namespace null=“”;

and in the query I wrote something like

	null:elementName

Then I get the error that namespace null is not declared….

The only solution I found is to put a namespace in the XML file (which is not really what I want).

Is there another way?

Cheers
Leo